In most cases, the alcohol or drug use was a symptom of other issues. Jail only gives the person a chance to get clean, but the issues that led to the drinking or use in the first place are still there. We call this being on a dry-drunk.
Dr. Snipes can conduct DUI and sentence mitigation assessments in person and online via skype. If treatment is recommended, she can enroll your client in face-to-face or online, video-based outpatient or IOP services.
There is no waiting. DUI Assessments cost $150 and can be scheduled within 24-48 hours of when you contact us. The client is then usually recommended for outpatient services or and intensive outpatient program (IOP). Clients do not have to use Gainesville-NOVA Counseling’s outpatient or IOP services, but it is one option.
If you or your DUI attorney have any questions, feel free to contact us at 800-892-0816 ext. 400.
Criteria for substance abuse
- Used a substance, engaged in a behavior (i.e. sex, gambling, breaking the law), or stayed in a relationship
- In order to avoid physical or psychological distress
- Physical pain, depression, anxiety, loneliness, anger
- Despite experiencing multiple (at least 2) negative consequences, within the past year, as a direct or indirect result of use
- Problems can include those with family, job, legal system, physical or mental health, finances, etc.
Criteria for placement
- Outpatient (1 time per week group or individual)
- Meets the criteria for substance abuse, but has a supportive, clean home environment, sufficient prosocial activities to stay clean, and any mental health issues are under control.
- Intensive Outpatient ( 3 times per week, group and/or individual)
- Meets the criteria for substance abuse, but also has risk factors for relapse in the areas of environment, social relationships/family, or mental health.