At Gainesville-NOVA Counseling we offer a variety of services to meet your needs. Our counselors use an interactive, cognitive behavioral approach similar to coaching. That means your session is very solution focused, helping you identify what you want to change, why you want to change it (helps maintain motivation) and develop a plan to help you achieve your goals.
- Cost: $60/hour private pay. We are now approved with Anthem Blue Cross, Tri Care and Care First
- Specialties: Addictions, Anxiety, depression, eating disorders, grief, postpartum depression, PTSD, relationship issues, stress.
- Online via Skype
NOTE: CURRENTLY WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING ANYMORE IN-OFFICE CLIENTS AS WE ARE RELOCATING
Group Counseling and Adult Intensive Outpatient (IOP) Services
- Intensive outpatient services require participants to be in group counseling sessions 9 to 15 hours per week. For many people, that is just not feasible. At Gainesville-NOVA Counseling we have made it so you can attend groups in person, or via secure video conferencing (Skype). Groups meet from 10am to 1pm or 6:30-8pm Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Payment plans are available
- IOP Groups use a workshop-type approach to help you reach your goals. During the first part of the group, people checkin and tell the group how their week is going. This is followed by a review of homework assignments, The next 20 minutes consists of information about a skill or tool that you can use to improve your quality of life. The next 20-30 minutes is spent interacting with the group facilitator and applying the information that was just presented. Groups end with a summary of what was discussed and the homework assignment for the next week.
- Assessment: $150
Assessments can be done in person or via video chat and can usually be scheduled within 24-48 hours. The $150 fee includes the assessment and a detailed report to your attorney or other referral source as needed.
- Phase 1: $250/week
During Phase 1 you will complete daily morning and evening check-in emails with your therapist. On Monday, Wednesday and Thursday you will also attend group from 6:30-8pm. Homework will be assigned as needed. Drug testing is an additional $35 per test should you need Gainesville-NOVA staff to drug test you.
- Phase 2: $150/week
Phase 2 is similar to phase 1, but you only have to attend group twice per week and complete daily evening check-in emails. Drug testing is an additional $35 per test should you need Gainesville-NOVA staff to drug test you.
- Phase 3: $150/week
Phase 3 is the final step down. You will complete a weekly review email, attend groups as needed and participate in a weekly individual with your therapist to wrap up any “loose ends.” Drug testing is an additional $35 per test should you need Gainesville-NOVA staff to drug test you.
- To get started, call Gainesville Counseling at 800-892-0816 or click on the book now button in the right column to schedule your assessment.